Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Grandma


My beautiful grandmother, Elena Antipova (neé Korneeva)
June 27, 1925-April 11, 2012

Our tulips on a table cloth that my grandma embroidered. She was one stylish lady and created much beautiful handiwork, including her own top-of-the-line clothes.
My grandparents in 1950s. Aren't they a great looking couple?
Four generations! My grandmother holding my sister, my great-grandmother holding me, and my mom. (March 1979)
A few years later! (1985)
Another four generations, now celebrating the birth of my sister's son, Daniel, in 2001.
My mom and grandma in July 2007. My grandma missed my mom's arrival by only 6 days, dying on April 11th, 2012.
This is when I last saw her in 2007. I am sad that Emily will not meet her this September, and that grandma never held any of my children. She was a hard-working woman, doing everything with excellence. My mouth still waters just thinking about her pies and pelmeni. I am grateful for having known her and that I still have a reminder of her in my home every day - her intricate labor of love.
Praying for my mom who is now staying with my grieving grandfather until September. May God use her to soften his heart and to find rest and consolation in Him.

No comments: